Prior to the 2020-2021 school year, each educator iPad will need to be reformatted so it can be joined to the new mobile device management system (MDM). If you haven’t already, now is the time to be sure that you are signed in to your managed AppleID so your data is backed up to Apple’s iCloud. If you are not familiar with a managed AppleID, take a look here first.
Table of Contents
Let’s get started.
Backup iPad to iCloud
Sign in on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Sign in to your iPad.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
Back up iPad using iCloud
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup. iCloud automatically backs up your iPad daily when iPad is connected to power, locked, and on Wi-Fi.
- To perform a manual backup, tap Back Up Now.
To view your iCloud backups, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. To delete a backup, choose a backup from the list, then tap Delete Backup.